Designed & Stitched from Scratch Dino

After making a few plush animals with patterns from books, I decided to take a stab at making my own pattern for a brontosaurus (apatosaurus for the paleontologically anal).  The pattern took around five revisions to reach the final version, for around 6 hours of work total. The fabric is flannel (bought at JoAnn Fabrics), the…

Polymer Clay Rose Magnets

Been making these rose magnets on and off since last year: The diameter of each rose is roughly the same as the diameter of a nickel.  I didn’t see this in an instructional book, just started making these after playing around with polymer clay for a little while. I used Premo! Sculpey and Studio by…

Stencil Art Friday

This stencil-style image took me around 1 hour (all in Photoshop): Making this graffiti-style “brush” took around 30 minutes (also Photoshop): The graffiti brush was made with the help of a book called Creative Photoshop.  

Knitted Hippo

This hippo was made with Red Heart acrylic yarn, 8mm safety eyes and polyfill. The pattern is from the book Knitted Wild Animals. It took around 5 hours total.  The knitting was done while watching movies!  Assembly couldn’t be done while paying attention to anything else, that part took around 1.5 hours.  Here’s what the separate…

Year of the Rabbit

Made this yesterday (Illustrator & Photoshop), took around 2 hours.  I was thinking of just a simple calendar cover or something along those lines: It’s a tribute to my husband’s car, an awesome 1979 VW Rabbit diesel!

“Death” Album Cover

So here’s the first thing I’m posting here as something I made.  It’s a fake “single” album cover for the band The Pretty Things, for my favorite song of theirs called “Death”. I recently got a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet thing, which helped a lot.  To make this file I used Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign,…